NJORD is the last of several names for this yacht; her having has enjoyed a succession of owners over the years as she approaches her century. Her names and those of her owners are listed thus from the records.
– 1ST BAUS II Consul Harald Hansen, Skien. KNS member from 1912 (not member in 1935), BAUS I is a 40m2 cruiser. For the Olympic season of 1920 BAUS II was together with most of the rest of the S fleet converted and measured under the new R-rules of 1919. BAUS II got the sail number 8N13.The following year most of the S boats decided again to sail in their own class under the S-rules and again with the sail number SH28.
– 2nd SPURT IV Owner J H Beck jr, Skien from 1921, KNS member from 1916 to 1929
– 3rd AMY Owner Bjarne Hansen, Oslo from 1927, member of KNS from 1920 as lifetime member to 1930
– 4th ARABELLA Owner Hans Reinhart Larsen, Oslo; member of KNS from 1920 and owner of the boat from 1929 – 1932. Director Larsen is listed in 1949 with ARABELLA IV, an 8m H41 – 1946 model
– 5th NØKK IV 1933-1934
– 6th DIMPLE Owner Eilert Falch-Lund, Oslo; from 1935, member of KNS 1906 – 1956. No new names during this period. Yacht still has original rig of c 97m2. KNS yearbooks from 1937 to 48 not investigated, however in 1956 there are no registrations of new names or owners
– 7th JEANITA 2 Owner Cæsar Bang, Oslo; member of KNS in 1922. He is registered in all the yearbooks from 1949 -1958 and the boat maintains the original rigging in 1949
Of 6 sister boats from 1918 and 5 from 1919, 4 are still in the KNS registry of 1949. 2 are rigged down respectively to 57m2 and 74m2. JEANITA 2 was still registered in 1956 and 1958 with 96m2 sails. During this period she was the last registered on the fjord.
– 8th NJORD 1963 Owners A. Stokke / S. Lossius, Trondheim
– 9th 1968 Owner Sophius Lossius, Trondheim
– 10th 1972 Owner Sverre Christensen, Trondheim
– 11th 1977 Owner Sverre Christensen, Asker.
– 12th 1984 Owner Einar Husby, Stathelle (Purchased by Einar Husby, Stathelle.
– 13th 1992 Owner to date Erik Vennemoe, Oslo.
– Restoration started in 1994 at Holmen Slipp in Asker.
– In 1996 NJORD was moved to the Sollerudstranda School, at which various boat builders worked on her over the years.